What is web service?-tririd.com
What is web service?
In simple words, a web service is a method of communication between two electronic devices over a network.
The idea of a web service developed from the evolution of the Internet. The intent behind a web service is to drive the Internet as a transactional tool rather than simply a visual tool.
- Web services are self-contained, modular, distributed, dynamic applications that can be described, published, located, or invoked over the network to create products, processes, and supply chains.
- These applications can be local, distributed, or web-based. Web services are built on top of open standards such as TCP/IP, HTTP, Java, HTML, and XML.
- A web service is a collection of open protocols and standards used for exchanging data between applications or systems.
How web service works?
A web service is a unit of managed code that can be remotely invoked using HTTP, that is, it can be activated using HTTP requests. Web services allows you to expose the functionality of your existing code over the network. Once it is exposed on the network, other application can use the functionality of your program.
A client invokes a web service by sending an XML message, then waits for a corresponding XML response. As all communication is in XML, web services are not tied to any one operating system or programming language–Java can talk with Perl; Windows applications can talk with Unix applications.
why we use Web service?
Web services allow various applications to talk to each other and share data and services among themselves.
2. Standardized Protocol
Web services use standardized industry standard protocol for the communication. This standardization of protocol stack gives the business many advantages such as a wide range of choices, reduction in the cost due to competition, and increase in the quality.
3. Low Cost of Communication
Web services use SOAP over HTTP protocol, so you can use your existing low-cost internet for implementing web services.
To summarize, a complete web service is, therefore, any service that:
- Is available over the Internet or private (intranet) networks
- Uses a standardized XML messaging system
- Is not tied to any one operating system or programming language
- Is self-describing via a common XML grammar
- Is discoverable via a simple find mechanism
To know more in detail about web service at Tririd Technologies Pvt Ltd
call us @ +91 8980010210
Visit us @ https://www.tririd.com